GETTIN SKETHCY - biplane

Yes, it’s a trial-and-error journey finding the materials that work best for you and your art. There is so much out there, I figure eventually I’ll find the perfect medium! :slight_smile: Today I received my Caran d’Ache Luminance colored pencils. I’m itching to get busy with them!

Brenda

Thank you! It is one of the first pieces I did that I didn’t hate along the way, and I was painting along with a friend who knew what she was doing. She said she couldn’t “teach” but would paint with me. Although we worked on different subjects, she was right there beside me helping me make decisions and instructing along the way. I told her she was a wonderful teacher! :slight_smile:

Brenda

1 Like

I couldn’t start new thread for some reason. Here is tonight’s.

3 Likes

Very nice! I didn’t draw along. For some reason, I feel so pressured with that timer and not being able to pause the video every three minutes! I know I could pause it, but then I’d miss all the great real-time banter. :slight_smile:

Brenda

That looks great! I didn’t have any markers so I just ordered the set of 24 King Art ones of greys from Blick. I am blown away at how Ashley can wring an awesome ‘painterly’ image out of anything that makes mark on a surface. Matt is more ‘precision draftsman’ using all the correct materials with everything well defined, while Ashley grabs whatever is at hand and wings it. Two very different styles and both result in amazing drawings in under an hour which is what makes Getting Sketchy such an awesome series. I’m addicted to it and it’s the reason I paid for a year here (and probably more at the rate I’m going.)

I hated markers because I’d always get the darker lines/bleeds when the marker overlapped previous stroke, the bleeding and sheer cost of “Good” (Copic/Prismacolor) markers has kept me away from them.

I think I’ll try that Cafe Sidewalk in NuPastels and post it if it isn’t too embarrassing.

I Do like the idea of just stacking all of our getting sketchy versions in this one thread, easier to keep track of.

1 Like