Live Lesson - Pen and Ink Eagle

After seeing many eagles on vacation in Canada, thought I would try the older live lesson. I did use a dip pen for the entire eagle - wanted to use the new nibs I had purchased in Canada. I did make a couple messes - forgot about how long it takes for the ink to draw! But overall pleased with my 2 hours of art this afternoon.

7 Likes

Amazing June! I love it! It inspires me to learn more about ink techniques.

Brenda

1 Like

Nice job June!

Ink is one of my favorite mediums! Especially in color.

Teri

You did so good! The one thing I’m very hesitant to try is a dipping pen. I’ve used and have lots of micron pens and brush pens for zentangle and faux calligraphy. I tried and tried practicing the basic strokes of hand lettering and calligraphy with all kinds of brush pens but gave up since I was so inconsistent with the brush strokes that I did faux calligraphy instead, never bothering to get a dipping pen. I will eventually get one to at least try once…
In the meantime I will use my brush pens when a lesson requires a nib pen and just enjoy seeing all the good work posted here!

This is great. I love the way you did the eye and beak. I love it.

Hi June -

Can’t believe you did this in just 2 hours. Well done.

Terri Robichon

Thanks Brenda! I go back and forth on whether pen or colored pencils are my favorite!

Thanks Teri - I love ink. I need to get brave and start playing with some of the colored inks I have.

Meme5 - thanks! I LOVE dip pens. If you have never tried, you should. Most art stores have some you can try out and see how they work. I agree with Matt - something satisfying about hearing the scratching noise as you draw.

1 Like

Denise - Thanks! But all because of Matt’s excellent instructions

Terri,

Thanks! It was a pretty quick one. There were just two sessions in the live lesson.

1 Like

June,

I need to get brave and start using my nib pens to do drawings with the colored ink! lol!

Teri

I have nibs and colored inks, but not sure where to start! At the beginning, I guess. :crazy_face: My experimentation has been less than gratifying.

Brenda

just keep trying - I’m sure it is better than you think

1 Like

Brenda,

I also use detail brushes with colored inks like the birds I did on black paper.

You will figure it out you are a gifted artist.

Teri

1 Like

Thank you, Teri! You are so supportive and encouraging. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Brenda

Practice, practice, practice! :tada:

Brenda