Getting Sketchy Upside down

AS a disclaimer, I am left-handed and have Lyme disease. I do not keep anything in one position, not even paintings on an easel, so keeping it in one position to draw something upside down was difficult, none the less I will post my most terrible of this young man.

This is in 45 minutes, no add-ons or refixing of the drawing. It is just a down and ??? drawing?

Look forward to seeing everyone else’s

Teri

Getting Sketchy - UPSIDEDOWN
drawings!

6 Likes

Well done, Teri! I signed in about 15 minutes late, so I didn’t draw along. I’m going to do the drawing, though, and I’ll post it when finished. I’m so glad you’re able to participate in these lessons! I enjoy your input so much.

Brenda

Thank you, Brenda, I enjoy yours too!

Teri

1 Like

Teri - that isn’t terrible at all! Here is mine - I was thrilled it ended up looking like a boy playing a guitar. He does not resemble the boy in the photo much at all. I thought it was a very fun exercise and really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Awesome job, June!!! Maybe I’ll get mine done before the day is over. I feel myself getting “behind!”

I think yours is an excellent rendition of last night’s project.

Brenda

1 Like

June,

Your’s turned out great too! I agree it was a great exercise. It was difficult for me to keep the paper so I was working upside down. I usually turn my paper constantly as I work, I believe because my brain started to work differently after I was diagnosed with Lyme (actually before, as here in NC they don’t believe in Lyme}.

Great Job!!

Teri

1 Like

You did a great job. Please do not be so hard on yourself. You are a very good artist. Love it.

1 Like

Teri,

When we lived in NC, there were so many ticks. My poor son was always getting them in very inconvenient and private places! But he got lyme when we moved to NJ. The classic bulls eye and everything. But since we were on vacation, it was a fight for the dr to believe me and get him on the antibiotics. It can be so frustrating !

Jume,

I agree. It took me three years to get diagnosed and after seeing the list of symptoms it made since that I have had it since childhood, it went dormant and then through a series of stressful things I came on like a wildfire, no stopping it. I do not tolerate antibiotics so finding other ways to kill it off has been a challenge. Is your son over it now?

Teri

Thank you, Denise, I always appreciate your encouragement and suggestions for improvement.

Teri

This is as sketchy as it gets! LOL! I rushed through this so that I could post it, but I certainly didn’t spend much time on it. That’s pretty obvious. :slight_smile:

The perspective is off, such a sloppy job of adding values. BUT, the important thing is I did it. LOL!

Brenda

he responded well to the antibotics and is over it. thank goodness.

1 Like

I thought I’d give this a shot since I’ve been pretty lax with my drawing lately. I did time it just over 45 minutes. And used an hb pencil. It’s something. :pencil2:

1 Like

Very nice! It’s looks way better than mine. :slight_smile: I love that people are beginning to share these drawings/paintings as well as live lesson work as well. It makes for a nice community feeling. :slight_smile:

Brenda

Thanks Brenda. I hope to get more involved.

1 Like

That would be awesome, jcfuller!

Brenda

Wow! You did an incredible job! Thanks for sharing with us.

Teri

1 Like

Brenda,

I agree. I have been wanting this type of comradery withing the students of Matt and Ashley.

Teri

1 Like

June,

That is so good to here. I would not wish long term Lyme on anyone. But it did help me to find the artist desire in me and meet you and so many others here at the VI.

Teri

1 Like

Oh Teri this is fine! Amazing to be drawing upside down!