Great Grandad in Graphite

My Great Grandad from many years ago back in the 70’s. He was always good for a laugh and would let us gt. grandchildren dress him up. I started this drawing about 10 years or more ago but couldn’t see the details around the collar and lost interest. Still a work in progress.

7 Likes

Great Job. I Love it.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Deb

I think the areas around the eyes and the whiskers are just phenomenally done! This is a wonderful piece, I’m glad you kept at it!

Thankyou for your lovely comment. I’ll get to finish it sometime. Deb

1 Like

Really awesome!! Love the detail, and you really convey warmth and love in this. Thank you for sharing!! :blush:

1 Like

Debs,

This is a wonderful drawing, and I can see in the expression you captured the fun that you had with Him. Sounds like a wonderful Great Grandad.

I look forward to seeing the finished piece!

Teri

1 Like

Thankyou for your lovely comment, he was certainly a character. Deb

1 Like

Thankyou for your lovely comment. He You might have to wait a while for me to finish it off as I’m having a go at coloured pencils. Deb

1 Like

Debs,

I understand, I do the same thing, especially when I am not sure how to proceed with a specific project. Changing mediums is always what helps for when I return to the project, and sometimes it is a year later.

Look forward to seeing some of your colored pencil works of art.

Teri

wow. the personality shines thru! Love this

Thankyou, he was definitely one of lifes characters.