Hello everyone hope I do this right

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself… new to the site and drawing( or at least in the last year or so)… never thought I could draw anything more than stick figures, but am looking forward to learning more through this amazing resource.

4 Likes

Hi, welcome to the community! I hope you will get great pleasure in drawing and painting. And in this community you will find the most warm and supportive people to share your experience with!

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

I look forward to exploring, learning, and being able to engage with a like minded community.

2 Likes

Welcome. Always go for it and try different things. You will succeed with practice.

2 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile: I always thought that I couldn’t draw and after a month of practice, I wish I wasn’t so hard on myself because it’s so much easier than I thought. The lessons that Matt offers are really good!

2 Likes

Hi RainFrances, I am very hard on myself, too, and I have learned that ‘if’ others let me know that they think it is finished, I feel okay to sign it. Otherwise, it calls me to ‘try’ to improve on it. I just sometimes look at what I am doing and tell myself, go ahead and sign it so you won’t be tempted to ‘fix’ it. I usually end up repainting spots and then it makes me end up painting over more places. I think I just need someone to take my brushes or pencils away from me. I am learning so much on this site and absolutely love the way things are presented to us.

1 Like

I think I am going to tell myself that I am ‘new’ at drawing and painting after a long time away from doing anything. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think I have a split personality. One can draw & paint, the other can’t even get out of the rain - most of the time. I will let you and others decide who you might be entertaining. Thanks for your patience.

Lenora a/k/a “lilnora” a/k/a “ArtistLittleNora”