Hello from Italy

Hello everyone, my name is Simona and I live in Rome, Italy. Before Covid-19 broke out I used to work as a local guide in my city and as a Tour Manager throughout Italy with English and Spanish speaking tourists. I also own a Travel agency. When the pandemic broke out I was left without a job. I have always loved to draw since I was little but never had the time to go deeper in the subject and learning the techniques . Therefore, I have decided to use all this extra free time to take online art lessons. I found Matt’s courses on YouTube and decided to become a member of the Virtualinstructor.com almost a year ago, after watching a few of his lessons. I am so glad I chose him because he really is a great teacher.
I have already learned a lot and my favourite media so far are: graphite, colored pencils, water color pencils and oil pastels .
Will post my works and am looking forward to your critique as well as seeing your works. Glad to be part of this community.

4 Likes

Hello Daniel,

thanks for writing and sorry for late reply.

Glad to know there are other Italians in the forum. Sydney is a beautiful city. Was there on honeymoon in 2007. We actually toured Australia for 2 weeks and fell in love with it. I think Sydney is one if the best cities to live in to the point that my husband and I considered to move there in the future but then things changed and we decided to stay here in Roma.
I am really enjoying Matt’s lessons. What I have learned so far is worth the annual fee.
So again looking forward to share my works and to see yours .
Ciao.
Simona

Inviato dal mio Galaxy

-------- Messaggio originale --------

I’ve never been to Austrailia but a friend has dual citizenship in the USA and New Zeland. My sister checked into dual citizenship for another country and she said that doing one in Australia was difficult, needed a LOT of money and a sponsor (not sure I understood her about that). You have to obey their regulations and laws. I had a friend and her husband who went to Austrailia and went on a cruise throught Sydney and other places there.

Lenora