I love a good rock!

Hi Everyone!!
This was a sketch book entry (Legion 100% cotton) watercolor mixed with fountain pen ink. We live on 40 acres with stone walls that outline our property (well over 150 years old), its truly beautiful to come across during my trail runs. I love rocks, some may see rocks as cold, and hard but i always think of what they’ve “seen” and been through so to speak. :blush:

6 Likes

Very nice. Rocks are hard to get right sometimes for me especially. Those that you drew really express some character and I’m sure it is because they have seen so much over the years. Nicely done.

1 Like

The rocks in watercolor are SO beautiful! And the tree shows a nice contrast of the elements in texture! Awesome! :smile: :clap: :rock:

1 Like

Love the textures :grinning::heart:

1 Like

I can almost feel the moss on the rocks. Great piece.

2 Likes

This is great. Love it.

1 Like

Thank you so much Denise! :blush:

:blush: Thank you so much, i have so many pics of moss…:rofl:

Thank you!! Its amazing how beautiful a rock is when you really look at it. :blush:

1 Like

Thank ya!! I just marvel at nature and how say rocks and a tree really can create a cohesive inviting spot when they are sooo different. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you!! I struggle sometimes with them as well…they can be tougher then a moving object let me just say😆

I love this scketch. Great choice of colors and very well executed. The rocks look like… well… rocks! Meaning that they could have looked like potatoes or eggs or anything else but your execution made them look exactly like mossy rocks agains a tree. Love, love, love it!
Thanks for sharing
Patricia.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Thank you Patrica, that was awesome and im so glad they don’t look like a potato or eggs :rofl::rofl: omg…i laughed so hard…honestly thanks again I greatly appreciate it.

1 Like

Nice work and yes rocks tell their own story of the past I also have rock walls around my property :+1: and love them. :rock::butterfly::butterfly:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush:

Hey @Queeny107 !! So yood AS ALWAYS!! rock on!!:joy::joy::joy:…sorry

1 Like

Thank you, your so kind :heart::heart: