Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi @Brenda! Welcome to the forums! Can’t wait to see your work and growth as an artist! Jesus loves you!!!

1 Like

Hi guys👋
Im Araela.
Im a homeschooled highschooler.
An INFP for all you personality suckers out there😉.
I really love fantasy and fashion and music and art and…well the list goes on. Cant wait to " meet" everybody!:blush:

1 Like

Hi Wren! Welcome! What Virtual Instructor courses have you tried out? Please share your work with us. :slight_smile:

Hey there @wren07! Nice to “meet” you! :wave: This community is real awesome, and we do all things art! (I mean it, sculptures, graphite, pen, digital, 3D, we do it ALL.) Can’t wait to see your work! Jesus loves you!!!

Hey @Dannomiss89! I was reading your intro just now and my brother also wants to be a graphic designer but doesn’t want to have to go to school for it. Any tips? Also- I love the Uk but have never been. Do you see a lot of the beautiful scenery that it is known and loved for a lot? Thank you and good work!!!

Hi @TheMustardSeedLife and @Brenda thank you for the sweet welcome!:slightly_smiling_face:
I’ m currently just trying some of the basic courses like 25 days to better drawing and just trying to get some basic techniques down right now. Jesus loves you too!:heart:
Thank you😊

1 Like

Greetings from the Midwest! My name is Dana and I’m just getting into drawing and experiencing with different mediums. I’ve played around with alcohol markers a lot, some watercolor pencils but not with my own drawings. I found The Virtual Instructor on YouTube by watching some drawing process and instructions videos. They say you can learn anything on YouTube right? I really liked all of Matt’s videos and decided to join.

My first question for everyone is how do you all organize all of your various supplies? Particularly, markers and pencils. I have some paints but not ready to jump into that yet. But I do have several brands of markers, alcohol markers, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, graphite pencils, charcoal pencils, etc. I have a pretty small space so I’m looking for the best storage and organizational systems. Any tips would be appreciated.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

3 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Arleen and I’ve finally taken a dive off the deep end and signed up for membership. I’ve dabbled in oil, pastels, drawing but I’ve never felt that I learned enough to help me feel confident about my art. I’m really looking forward to learning the fundamentals of drawing and watercolors. Looking forward to connecting with other folks here!

3 Likes

Hello @Dana-T , welcome to The Virtual Instructor forums! Everyone knows something unique, and there’s always new pieces, you have landed in a very epic community! So exciting to welcome you into the unique epic-ness, can’t wait to see more of your work! Jesus loves you!!!

Hi @QueenFisher66 ! Welcome to the Virtual Instructor forums! This community is awesome and uplifting, we all cheer each other on, so we’ll help you gain that confidence in no time! Art is a learning process, even when you don’t realize it, you’re always learning something, can’t wait to see your work as you progress and grow as an artist! Welcome! Jesus loves you!!!

1 Like

Hello Arleen,

The membership with the VI changed my views of myself as a potential artis and the ability to go forward.

You will find that both Matt and his friend Ashley are fantastic teachers as well as encouraging on each one of us to learn are own style. The best thing that helped me was to go through all of the graphite drawing courses, I am still on drawing a portrait the right way then on to realistic graphite drawing.

I look forward to the weekly critique and have watched almost all of them. I have learned so much watching the critiques. Also, you will find the weekly live lessons fun and educational and watching past live lessons too.

I know you will enjoy our journey at the Virtual Instructor and the encouragement here on the forum.

Welcome!

Teri

Welcome Dana to the Virtual Instructor.

I organize my supplies by medium in drawers of a couple of old end tables. I have a really small space so nowhere to keep everything out at an eyes view. When I am using colored pencils, graphite pencils, watercolor pencils I either keep them in the tin they come in next to me while I work or if they do not come in a tin, I stand them up in mason jars, used preserve jars, or any old cup I find around my apartment.

It has taken my so finagling but found places for most everything. I do keep all of my paint brushes in jars across the pack of an art table.

I hope this gives you an idea or sparks something that will work for you. I look forward to seeing some of your art pieces here on the forum or even in a critique. This is one of the most educational parts of the VI, I have watched the majority of the back lessons.

Again Welcome,

Teri

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m really looking forward to the community too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Teri! I’ve started on the Secrets to Drawing, figuring that that’s where I need to build my base. I also watched a critique session, and you’re right, Matt was really giving such insightful and actionable feedback - I felt like I was in a real class with him. I’m still exploring the site and there’s so much to check out - very eager to learn here :smile:

Thanks so much! I am excited to learn more and connect with others.

1 Like

Hi Teri,
I like your ideas for storage. I’ve seen a lot of folks use the mason jars also but that could take up a lot of space depending on how much stuff you have. Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to future chats and learning.

When tight on space I normally keep a cup of my most frequently used items out at all times. If you working a colored piece maybe keep only the colors your using out to eliminate clutter. Oh and welcome.

@Dana-T, Hey! Welcome! I hope you learn a buch and improve your skill and grow your love for art! Im afraid I cant really help you with your organazation problem seeing as I myself am not as organized as I would like but nest of luck!

@QueenFisher66 Welcome Arleen!
Im so glad youve joined the virtual instructor! I hope youll grow in your talent and passion for creating your art and I hope insparation and confidence will come as well!:blush:
:heart:Rae

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome! I’m really glad to be here!