Introduce Yourself Here!

I am a long time artist who has found a home with a great group of artists. I will try most media, and have over the years, except oils. love a challenge.

1 Like

I like the roll u can buy for pencils and stuff. You can get em cheap and they work really well.
Just a tip of course, it’s all about what works for you.
I like to keep my colored pencils in the original box but for all the loose stuff I use these rolls :slight_smile:

And welcome :hugs:

Welcome @matriarchJane39 ! “love a challenge”, that’s awesome! Would love to see your work! Jesus loves you!!!

Hi, I’m Debs from the U.K. I was previously logged into the old community forum but, couldn’t log into my old page on my new pad. My art is better than my technical IT abilities! I draw with pastel pencils doing animal portraits and now having a go at coloured pencils.

2 Likes

@Debs Hi Debra! Welcome to our community forum! I cant wait to see your art and hear what you have to say!

Welcome, Debs! Excited to see your work. :slight_smile:

Brenda

Thankyou, I’ve been on this site a while with my art but don’t seem to be able to access my old page from my new tablet.

Thankyou, I’ve posted one of my previous posts from my old page.

Welcome Debs,

I look forward to seeing some of your artwork. My IT abilities are terrible, don’t know what that says about my art!!

Teri

Hello All,
I am Lenet Guidry and have watched a few videos from the Virtual Instructor and decided to join up as a member as of yesterday. I’m live in Crandall, Texas and am an architect by profession. I enjoy drawing with graphite but have been doing digital art lately. I am really looking to broaden my skills in different media. Looking for to getting into more painting. I am looking forward to this experience. Nice to be here and looking forward to getting to know more artists here. Thanks for having me.

1 Like

Lenetg137

Welcome to The Virtual Instructor. There is so much to learn and Matt and Ashley are great teachers. We look forward to seeing some of your artwork!

Teri

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll post some soon. Most is digital currently. But should we post that here? Where do I find posting guidelines?

Welcome, Lenet! I hope you enjoy The Virtual Instructor site as much as I do. There is just a wealth of instruction, discussion, and kindness.

Brenda

Thank you. I’m sure I will.

Thankyou, it will be a few more weeks before I get my next picture is completed.

Welcome back @Debs ! Colored pencils are amazing, can’t wait to see more of your work! Jesus loves you!!!

1 Like

Hello @lenetg137 ! Nice to welcome another digital artist! (though I too like to use different traditional media such as pencil, pen, brush tip, etc.) This community is awesome, and SO uplifting! Welcome! Jesus loves you!!!

1 Like

Hi, everyone. I’ve been a member since late 2019. I got most of the way through one of the drawing courses, learning to do things I never thought I’d be able to do. Then I got introduced to acrylic pouring/fluid art and the drawing fell by the wayside. I really enjoy fluid art but also feel that what I can learn here would be a huge asset to my creativity in that area. Besides acrylic pouring, I’ve tried my hand at some acrylic abstract painting and find that genre challenging and rewarding. I took a few months off from painting, though, because I got a new puppy right after Thanksgiving. She sucked up pretty much all my time for awhile. She’s six months old now and doesn’t require eyes on her all the time, so I’m getting back into the studio. I look forward to being more involved here, too.

2 Likes

Hi I’m Cindy. I’ve been doing art most of my life. I just signed up to Matt’s teaching because I want to learn more than I know. I want to learn how to get that “wow” factor in my artwork. So far, I am very impressed with this.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard. I also find that we learn so much at VI and from the forum we get this wonderful community where everyone shares their particular preference in art. It’s so much fun.