Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi I’m Linda from NJ. The only medium I had learned was oil paints until I came across the Virtual Instructor 3 years ago. I’ve learned so much from Matt and Ashley, from colored pencils to pastels, media I never would have touched. Thank you and to all in the Community.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community forums @LindaE ! Would love to see some of your work! Jesus loves you!!!

1 Like

@Chantal and @LindaE welcome to VI! I hope you have a wondetful time learning anf increasing you skills!

1 Like

Thank you. I really enjoy the entire experience. Everyone’s artwork is so good.

Hi Everyone,

I just started drawing in November of 2022. I am enjoying these virtual courses and having fun. Thanks for helping me to improve my skills and to be a part of this community.

Emily

2 Likes

@Emily hi there emily! Im so glad youre enjoying VI!!! I hope you continue to learn and have fun!

2 Likes

Hi @Emily , welcome to the awesome community forums! Thanks for joining, and can’t wait to see your work! Jesus loves you!!!

New here, been following the free lessons via YouTube for a while and decided to give the regular lessons a shot. I went to art school when I was younger, but recently decided the only way to get back into it after a lengthy break was to start fresh. I prefer graphite and charcoal over paints but have recently begun to fall in love with oil pastels and colored pencils.

2 Likes

LadyLunaMarr,

Welcome to the Virtual Instructor. You will find that you have found a friendly, educational, and fun group of people to start your journey for the second time with.

All the courses are great but where I have learned the most is the live lessons on Wednesday nights at 8 pm and the Critique that comes out on Thursdays.

I look forward to seeing some of your artwork, and again, Welcome!

Teri

Hello Artists-I am a beginner who grew up in a house of artists, and after a barely passing grade in a high school art class I was convinced I was the only one who had no artistic abilities. Two years ago at 53 I attempted to “try to draw” and lo and behold the tennis ball actually looked like a tennis ball. I love the approach of these classes and the variety has me so excited to learn about what will stick and what won’t, or maybe I’ll like it all :slight_smile: Loving this process of learning!

1 Like

Welcome, Amanda! You have certainly landed in the right place, in my opinion. I’ve been a member since July 2022. I’ve learned so much, and there is still so much to learn! Enjoy the journey!

Brenda

1 Like

@LadyLunaMarr & @AmandaJ welcome to VI!!! Hope you enjoy learning and communicating with other artists in this forum!:blush:

1 Like

Thank you! Happy to be here!

Thank you! Happy to be part of this community!

Welcome @LadyLunaMarr. This is a welcoming community. There is so much to explore!

Brenda

1 Like

We’re glad to have you!

1 Like

Hello AmandaJ,

Welcome to the Virtual Instructor. You will find this a welcoming and friendly place to learn. Everyone is encouraging and both Matt and Ashley are great teachers. We look forward to seeing some of your artwork and also at the live lesson if that interests you and I encourage you to check out the critiques.

I now am so enamored by all the mediums; I cannot choose a favorite! They all have a different feel and approach and depending on my mindset I can choose what works for that day!

Again Welcome!

Teri

1 Like

Thank you so much Teri! What a great community I feel welcome already!

Hello @LadyLunaMarr ! You’ve landed in a great place, glad to hear you’re getting back into the art swing! Welcome, you’ve definitely got a passion for art, as your post seems to indicate, can’t wait to see what you create! Jesus loves you!!!

Hello @AmandaJ , our fellow artist, welcome! Glad that you’ve regained a confidence in art! I believe that there is no such thing as a lack of talent in art, and it seems that you’re on the right path! This community is very helpful and encouraging, and can’t wait to see what you create! Jesus loves you!!!