Loose Watercolor Flowers

Both are on 100% cotton Legion paper in my sketchbook. Watercolors used: Daniel Smith, Qor and Schmincke. I used a Micron pen as well on the Lilly. Main objective was to not get locked into details so much, these little studies help me when I get to over thinking and overworking my art (which I tend to do a lot…lol)
Best wishes, Alice

7 Likes

Hi Queeny107. These are really nice. My painting style is very structured, so doing something like this is really hard for me. Well done.
Terri Robichon

1 Like

Queeny,

I LOVE your watercolors! You have the loose style that I am always attempting - sometimes more successful than others.
Also ink and watercolor is one of my favorites and these are just so beautiful.
Can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

You did a great job on both of these. Love them

1 Like

These are really beautiful! What did you use to create the white speckles on the Lilly? I love watercolor, but am not good at it. Think I’ll give another go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful work, you have a distinctive style. Very nice.

1 Like

Thank you sooooo much June, i greatly appreciate your kind words :heart:

Hi Jeney!! The little white speckles are FW Daler Rowney Acrylic Ink. I Love to use those inks when i can.:blush:
We are all our worst critics, Jeney stay positive, i say as long as your trying its all Great!!!

1 Like

Thank you Barnett!! :blush:

Thank you so very much!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Denise!! :grin:

These are so beautiful, Alice. I’ve not been doing much art over the last few weeks. I’m ready for some inspiration, and your work here is very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

Brenda

1 Like

Thank you so much for your very kind words Brenda, you have no idea how everyones positivity helps, supports and means soooo much! :heart: