My first attempt with ink

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you some ink art that i have been working on for a couple of months.
Please let me know good or bad. Thanks

8 Likes

Hi Matthew! Welcome to the forum. I love your representation of this amazing creature. Seahorses are so interesting! It looks like you used stippling for this - what patience you must have! I think you have captured the seahorse perfectly. I like the shading on the stomach and the eye is really well done. The only thing I would have liked to see is the upturned tip to the end of the snout. That is only a personal preference of mine. I like that little upturned tip as I find it gives the seahorse its character. However, each artist renders subjects from their own perspective… well done! Thanks for sharing and I hope you share again. Patricia.
:clap:

Thank you! I guess i may have over looked that part. I feel like i could have done more, but did not want to mess it up.

Yes, I know what you mean. It is always wise to stop earlier rather than “oops” too late.

The only problem I see with it is that if you wanted to frame it (it is worth framing IMO) is that the tail goes all the way to the edge. A frame would cover even more of the image.

Wow! Very nice. I came to the Blog looking to see if someone was impressed as I was with Matt’s (the virtual instructor) pen and ink drawing of an Orchid. You seem to have grasped the technique!