My first commission

Hey guys.
truth be told, I’m NOT here much nowdays, still Drawing ALOT but I’ve been recently working on portraits- mainly and I’ve been spending my very limited media time on Patreon following a few brill guys.

but anyways…

I’m Back because I got a Commission! woot. but WOW

I’m not sure I’m ready for it; but I’m ready to show my effort Back to the client about a week or so after I got the job.

this was the photo:

and this is my drawing!

so a little bit of excitement, but also some downright anxiety. am I ready for commissions!? idk. but I sense that it makes me more serious then ever about my drawings.

PS, I’d say that drawing FUR and a DOG is hard-- but- this seems very obvious to me.

if only people wanted pencil drawings of boxes or something? ha!

2 Likes

I painted the ‘late’ lab that a neighbor of mine commissioned me to do. White all over, even on her belly. Doing a ‘white’ dog was next to impossible but they were happy with it.

Only other portait I did on commission was of a friend in his Army uniform and he wanted it to be ‘spot on’. I finally asked if he would send his ‘bars’ to me along with a snip of the color of his uniform. I ended up ordering 3 olive drab greens to finish it. But we were both happy with the way it turned out.
I’ve painted my 2 oldest granddaughters, and drawn the other one. Painted a picture of my DnL’s grandmother. I enjoy oils but I think my first passion was pastels.

Lenora “ArtistLittleNora”

1 Like