My first post - it's what I'm working on

Thanks for your kind words Jan.

Terri,

I missed this post. I am not on the forum as much as I should be.

Beautiful bluebird. I started when I first contracted Neurological Lyme disease drawing birds with colored pencils, then with acrylics, and now I am trying inks, pastels, watercolor, and oils.

Mostly now I draw birds on cards that I use to communicate by snail mail or just keep filling up my drawer with more bird picks, I guess for memory sake to see if there is any improvements. lol!

Again, Beautiful job!

Teri

I love your drawing. The details are so good! Keep posting your work! Also, I love being able to see the work progress until finished like you did.
I’m working on a landscape with Polychromos on arches hot press 140 lbs

paper, couldn’t find the recommended paper brand but it’s cotton as recommended by Matt.
It will be a while before I finish because a bad thunderstorm knocked down a ton of trees all over our area (one in my backyard) so no electricity since 1 am Friday June 16. My house doesn’t have a bright enough area for an extended period of time (and outside it’s super hot and humid!!) so it’s going slowly but surely! But here’s my progress!

Hi Sonia -
I just finished this colored pencil landscape myself a little while ago. I think you saw it on the posts I did called “Working with COLORED PENCILS”. Have fun. I enjoyed the lesson.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one! I’d love to see yours, I bet it’s beautiful! I worked on mine today on the tree line for a while but I could barely see the graphite sketch marks. I have the set of 60 polychromos so i substituted the sky blue and the terracota colors and made a little mess on the far right trees, but I will finish it!

You’ve created a fabulous pastel drawing. Wow!

Thanks Debs for the kind words.