My shoulder buddy

This is something I drew just because I love cats’ flatten/airplane ears. In Japan, cats’ ears in this form are called “ika-mimi” meaning “squid ears”.

I added a book & bookband which I drew separately…

And then added some sunlight effect using a photo…

And changed the colour so that it would go along well with the frame colour.
The frame is one of the “off-cuts” frames which I introduced in this post.

This is the first time I tried drawing human skins with a ballpoint pen. At first I wasn’t sure how to deal with the tone gradation of the skins, but I tried to make it as close as possible to the photo reference.
I think it is so far so good.

12 Likes

Adorable. Very cute. I love it.

1 Like

Maki, it is a great picture. Thanks for posting.
Jack

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind comment, Denise💕

My pleasure, thank you so much for your lovely comment, Jack💕

Very nice drawing of the kitten,the light,and the bookband.Betty

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words, Betty. A happy new year to you! :smile: :cat: :sparkling_heart:

The end result of this painting is just awesome. I love the texture details as well as the composition.

1 Like

Thank you, Debojyoti, for your kind words! :cat2::cake:

You took this to a higher level. I really like the finished product, you did a good job with adding the sunshine.

Lenora

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind comment, Lenora. Glad you like it this way :two_hearts:

My former S-n-L said that in Japan (they were stationed there) broke their kittens’ tails as a sign or something and the more breaks the more accolades the family got, maybe as a sign of luck. I think they did that when they were only kittens.

Lenora