Portrait with colored pencils - first post

This is the first piece I’ve shared after hearing about the Forum during the live class on Wednesday night. I hope I’m posting this correctly and in the right place.

The portrait was done with Prismacolor colored pencils for the subject and Faber Castell Polychromos Earth Green Yellowish, burnished with terpenoid natural, for the background.

I have almost finished both the portrait course and the colored pencil course and was ready to branch out with my own photo reference. There are definitely imperfections, but I’m feeling pretty good about it for the most part. :slight_smile:

Brenda

4 Likes

Great job! Thanks for sharing the type of pencils and techniques you used. I love seeing how others are using different mediums.

1 Like

Great Job Brenda! You have wonderful control with those colored pencils. Keep up the good work.
I was on the live class with you last night and was also inspired to post some art (gauche cow).

1 Like

Thank you, @mjomaynard!

Thanks so much, @junenez! I’ll go check out your piece!

This is great. Love it.

1 Like

Great job! I love the hair.

Thanks @Lori51. It was the most enjoyable part of the process! 10 layers of color! Cream, pink, poppy red, sienna brown, and a bit of dark umber, layered in that order, twice. :slight_smile:

Really nicely done!! You are talented for sure!

Thanks, @JeneyB. I appreciate you checking out my submission. :slight_smile:

Yes, this is the correct area to share this! Great work, I like her expression! Keep sharing the art!!! :clap: :partying_face:

1 Like