Righteous Rooster Oil Pastel

Inspired by Bernard Buffet. Thoughts please!

4 Likes

@Dotsie i love it!!! Like a lot! So great and unique and interesting! Its shape and “flowyness” pulls you in! Its wonderful!:yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

Thanks so much. I am loving this medium so much and learning to let its nature drive creativity. Letting go of the realism bugaboo in favor of boldness and dashing colors. I am frankly obsessed! :flushed::flushed::crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeessss!!! I love it and judging on this piece it seems to come naturally to you! (Im one of those too-i love realism but this kinda stuff is so much more fun to make!!!) Cant wait to see more!:yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

This piece is so fun! Love your use of colour and how much he stands out against the neutral background. I also love the energy in your strokes. Beautiful work!

@wren07 my grandson’s spirit animal is a hedgehog (prickle)

My pastel version, the pic reference

1 Like

Youre kidding! Im obsessed with hedgehogs! (I dont have one yet but i have a name picked out-mr darcy​:blush::heart_eyes:) you did a great job!:heart_eyes: so cute! You have lucky grandchildren.:blush: my grandfathers an artist and most of the highlights of my time shared with him are him drawing things i requested.:yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:its very special! Thank you for sharing!:heartbeat: