Rose in soft pastels 10x10

@cmhales7 Cathy,

Thank you for your supportive comment. I feel the same way you do about this forum. I am the kind of person who likes to post hits and misses and get honest opinions and advice from people with experience. I said it before, if I ask my husband (or anyone who doesn’t draw) “what do you think about it now” after I make a change, he has no clue what I’m talking about haha.

Sonia

1 Like

Yes!! That’s exactly the same with me…. my husband and the rest of my family and friends aren’t artistic and they all tell me my pieces are wonderful, bless them, but I can’t expect any constructive criticism from them so that’s what makes this group so valuable to me.
Cheers Cathy

2 Likes

Hi Sonia! I think the colour of the flower is truly vibrant but I also love the foliage. I think you are getting some good advice from the other members like Terri (and I see the result in your later post). It always amazes me how a little bit of well-placed values can make such a difference. Thanks for sharing your work.
Patricia.

2 Likes

@sterlingsiam Patricia,

Thank you for being so encouraging. I learned a lot about painting a red subject for sure!
Now that I think about it, roses seem to not be my forte, I’ll just stick to everything in subjects and mediums, just not roses :thinking:

Sonia

1 Like

That’s interesting because roses are some of my best work.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Allow me to disagree. I think you did a good job with rose and, after getting some insight from the other members, I believe the next rose would be more satisfying to you. But, I agree with you that they can be challenging. :blush:
Patricia.

1 Like

@sterlingsiam Patricia,
Thank you! The next rose is not in the near future…but some giant flower closeup might be …

Sonia

1 Like

This is just so beautiful!

1 Like