Snow Owl In Graphite

My Snow Owl I just finished. Granite on 11x14 Strathmore Vision Paper. Faber Castell eraser and Tombow Mono Zero eraser pencils. :art::owl::art::owl:

8 Likes

It is very beautiful, Logan. I would, however, push the values. You do good work. Great detail. :grinning:

1 Like

I played with your image to try to bring out the values and show you what I mean.

After I was done, I was able to see it more clearly and, wow! So beautiful. By the way, it looks more like a barn owl to me. Either way, it is very nice.

2 Likes

Wow Ginny! That looks great! How did you do that? I will definitely keep this in mind on my next graphite drawing.

1 Like

Well, it was just to show you how it would be if you pushed the values a little with your pencils on the actual paper. Yes, you can change the contrast with software, too. I actually did this on my kindle fire with the photo editing software. A much better job can be done with photoshop or something like that.

1 Like

Looks very good.
By pushing the value she means to make it darker.
I had the same problem when I was doing colored pencils the first time. When I made one darker I found that it looked like an entirely different drawing.

1 Like

Thanx Ken, and welcome to the group! :slightly_smiling_face:

This is great. I love it.

what a beautiful drawing and well thought out.