Taking better photos

I know that art has made me a better photographer. I was at the flower garden yesterday, laying on the ground for about an hour. I gave a lot of thought to composition, finding a good range of values, and backgrounds. These were my favorite photos for an exhibit I’m putting together for the local community center. They just took down my winter photos.

I think a few of these may become drawings or paintings some day.

If you have one favorite please let me know. I need a photo of flowers for the county fair too and I’m having a hard time deciding.

Terri Robichon

3 Likes

All lovely but my favorite is the fourth one :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks June so much for the feedback. I hope others respond too.

Terri Robichon

Terri,

All of these are lovely. I can see some drawings or paintings here!

Teri

1 Like

Thanks Teri. So which one is your favorite?

Terri R

Well Terri, I like them all, but my favorites would be the third one down, the fourth one down and the last one in white.

Very nice photography. I wish I could get out and take my own, but such is life. It has been so long since I made it to the forum I am playing catch-up until I run out of steam and brain power!

Teri

1 Like

Thanks Teri. Glad you made it here at least for a little while.

Terri Robichon

Terri @robichon , like others have said, they are all good. It is hard to beat a good singular crisp flower photo with great depth of field blurs, but I have to go with #2, the group of red and yellow tulips is vibrant and would make a dynamic picture!

Lenet

1 Like

Hi Lenet. Thanks for your feedback.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hi Terri! Love them all, but I really like the first one because of the perspective. It looks like they are bursting in song towards the sky.
Patricia.

1 Like

Great Job. Great pictures

1 Like

You would have laughed to see me wiggling on the ground to get that shot. Thanks for your vote

Terri Robichon

I probably would have been wiggling with you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

These flowers are gorgeous! I would say the 1st photograph because of the perspective. I also like how the flowers on the left are flowing/leading the eye to the center. The strong highlights and shadows are a plus.

2 Likes

Thanks for telling me your favorite, and the reason for your selection.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

@robichon Terri,

I love tulips to begin with. I really like the fourth one with the blurry background, vibrant colors, and the shadows below the blooms! I pass on the beautiful pinkish-red ones this time (brings back struggles memories from a pinkish-red rose)

Sonia

1 Like

Hello Terri, I vote for #3. I like the out of focus background then gradually the picture becoming more focused and finally the eyes resting on the beautiful hues of the singular flower.
Jim

1 Like

Terri, they are beautiful, so clear bright and vibrant, love the shadows on the first one against the blue sky. I’m not a photographer Terri but attached is a photo of my Orchids still in full bloom.

2 Likes

Thanks Jim. I appreciate your reasoning. It’s interesting seeing how different people’s choices have been. No clear winner yet.

Terri Robichon

Terri Robichon

Hi Ron - I just did a colored pencil drawing of orchids. There are so many kinds and they are all beautiful. Clearly you have a green thumb. Not the case with me. My garden is for vegtables only and I go to the flower garden for the pretty stuff.

Terri Robichon

1 Like