These are NOT the norm here

4 Likes

Beautiful! My pieces revolve character art, so they are more cartoon-y, not realistic, but in art, there are so many styles, so don’t worry! These pieces aren’t out of the norm, it’s art! :smile:

1 Like

I love them all. Wonderful job.

1 Like

Great work! I love the pink elephant most. It’s not my style of art, but there isn’t any right or wrong. Art is art and I am very happy to see more of your art. In the other thread, you mentioned that there aren’t many expressionists at TVI. I think it’s due to the fact that some of us are like myself are beginners. I also believe that you have to start from realistic art to learn the basics before you will be able to find your own style. Maybe, I am wrong and it’s just my way.
Thank you so much for sharing your art.

1 Like

Gorgeous! The elephant id probably my favotite but theyre all beautiful❤

1 Like

These are all wonderful, but in my humble opinion, I’d say the first one is the best. Your composition masterfully draws the eyes along the painting as if it is telling a story. The journey starts with the dark center figure and then shifts to the left and finally to where the darkest values are on the right as if the figure is moving through the stages of life. That’s just my interpretation and since it’s a nice example of abstract art, I’m sure there are many, many more interpretations as are viewers. Well done!

—>Susan

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback. I know my style isn’t for everyone. I started my art journey as a photographer, so realism for me is captured through my lens. Yes, I can edit and alter things in post process—straight up change the photo to almost unrecognizable from original—but not my thing.

I have been focusing a lot on watercolor lately. I guess I am missing spring and summer and keep painting flowers.

I think I might share a couple illustrations from my children’s book, too, soon. I have to hire an editor. That is my next step.

Again, thanks!

3 Likes

I absolutely love the first piece in this post! The energy and looseness in your strokes is fantastic!

1 Like