Tree from ink and pen I think

Finished this tree today, it was so hard for me to do loose strokes, it took three tries. Before this one the others looked like coral. I will keep practicing on smaller scale than 9x12 paper. I had to made myself stop because I found out that I can be VERY patient which led me to get carried away and next time I could risk ending up with a full blown black tree silhouette made of tiny dots. >_<
Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

This is really nice. I love the texture you created. I think you did a great job.

1 Like

This is wonderful. Enjoy what you are doing. Do not rush through anything. Do not down yourself. You learn from your mistakes. Love this.

2 Likes

Thank you. I must admit really loved the little detailed strokes a little too much :grin:

Denise,
Thank you. You’re a very encouraging person. As an amateur artist, seems to me that it’s really easy to lose perspective of what you’re working on by focusing only on the things you want to change but can’t, although the lesson for me was more about when to stop :stop_sign:

It looks great! Have you tried stippling? that definitely takes a bit of time if you like that.

1 Like

Very nicely done. You did a great job with the depth and details.

Teri

1 Like

Thank you, I will try stippling soon enough for sure, i think that after that tree, it will be on my later list lol

Epic work, you should be very proud! :clap: :deciduous_tree: :smile:

1 Like

Hi Sonia - This is really nice. I really struggle with trees and landscapes, but it sure seems like you’ve got it figured out.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Terri,

I don’t know about you or anybody else around here, but I sure am learning about myself while drawing. The tree taught me that I can be OCD with tiny circles and dots. Lol

Hi Sonia -
My husband would tell you that I’m OCD about a lot of things :slight_smile:

Terri Robichon

Very well done. Just an advise, if you’d left the right side of the tree a bit lighter, it would be even more realistic and corresponding to the shadow on the ground.

I love organic shapes and nature.

This drawing must have taken many many many hours!

Keep on going,
Buddy

1 Like

I totally agree with your comment! I was so engrossed into the tiny strokes and circles that I got super carried away and before I knew it it was so dark and tightly drawn! I drew a couple more of little trees on my little sketchbook while waiting to be seen at doctor’s, and they turned out little better and way more lose

1 Like