Watercolour landscape

This is my first “proper” watercolour landscape after doing the first few lessons of Matt’s Watercolour Workshop.
This is close to where I live, and every year it’s a stunning sight to see the Heather in full bloom, so I thought I’d try to capture it in watercolours.

5 Likes

Very nice landscape. Great job on using perspective and the proper colour intensity to give depth to this landscape. Thanks for sharing!

Patricia.

2 Likes

This is just beautiful! Great job.

2 Likes

Very nice, I have so many mediums that I have not tried. Watercolor is the one I dread the most. You really captured the perspective with this.

Lenora

2 Likes

I really struggled with watercolour (still do :joy:) but one of the things I like about it is that it makes me paint in a “looser” style. In my drawing, I’m very focussed on detail and realism, but with watercolour it’s easier to let go of that and focus on what I want to show. I’d say it’s definitely worth a try!

3 Likes

I might try the ‘new’ watercolor pastel pencils. I’ve got so much to try out.

Lenora

1 Like

@Andrea I like your picture, too. A beautiful perspective.
I love watercolor but often struggle with the water :smiley: to much… to little… :thinking:

@lilnora what brand it is? I don’t know this pencils. I own the watercolor pencils of Faber Castell.

2 Likes

Andrea,

Your water color landscape is beautiful. You did a wonderful job and your style and affects are really nice. Looks like a nice place to visit.

Teri

2 Likes

A beautiful capture of nature. I feel like I’m there on a sunny day. Great work!

2 Likes

Thank you for your comments, everyone! It’s very encouraging to read all the positive feedback, especially hearing that my painting resonates with other people. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s really cool. I really like the illusion the texture creates. Great work. :+1:

1 Like