Where do I start? Critique Candy Corn

Hello,
In my younger years I was quite the artist. However, I was encouraged to put my talent to the wayside. I have a certificate in Fine Art, but never worked in colored pencils. I need to revisit the basics. I recently started a colored pencil sketch book. What do you think I should focus on first to improve my art? I know I have trouble with whites and either stopping too soon or muddying my colors by working too much. It’s been such a long time that I fear the white paper. So, I thought I would do a simple drawing to share and get some feedback before diving in to courses. My hope is to create realistic miniature art. I created this work prior to finding My Virtual Instructor, but I am excited to put pigment on paper.

Donna in Upstate NY

1 Like

For your first attempt this is a good tart. Take one step at a time. Start out small and then expand yourself. Learn more for Matt’s videos on painting and drawing. I just started to get back into painting myself and once you start you will not want to stop. Take breaks and go back and finish what you started. Keep it up. you are off to a good start.

1 Like

Thanks you Denise. I will do that! :grinning:

Excellent start. Love that you put down the colors you used. Those candy corn look good enough to eat