A dog with a story

I haven’t been posting much lately but haven’t been drawing much as well. I finally started my 3th coloured pencil drawing for a very special mission.
A friend of mine recently lost her husband and one of his his last wishes was for her to adopt a handicapt dog named Thor. Thor is in a dog wheel chair and lives in a special shelter for dogs with handicaps and other troubeled dogs. I was touched by the look of the dog and of course the sadness of my friend, so I decided to try and draw the dog. It’s a really difficult one for me with all the different colours of fur but still think it’s a great gift for her when it’s finished.

7 Likes

Oh my! He’s beautiful., and that’s a very touching story. :heart: You’ve done an amazing job with the fur.

Brenda

2 Likes

Thank you very much Brenda! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

wow - what a wonderful thoughtful friend you are! Your dog is looking fabulous and the fur is amazing

1 Like

Absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful :heart:

1 Like

Thank you both for your kind words! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wonderful Job. He/She is so handsome/beautiful. Your friend will be touched by the love and effort you are putting into this special drawing.

I look forward to seeing the finished drawing. I hope you will submit of for a critique.
teri

1 Like

This is great. I know she will love.

1 Like

The drawing is finished and was send to my friend. She was really happy with the drawing and moved to tears. It was the first time a drawing left my house and it was hard to say goodbye… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wow - amazing drawing and wonderful that you were able to do for your friend. I certainly can see why she was moved to tears - me too!

1 Like

Thank you very much Junenez! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi Lolita -
WOW, what a great drawing and wonderful gift. I own 2 German shepherds right now and have had several others in the past. I’ve never drawn one but hopefully I will find the time in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thank you Terri, they are truly beautiful dogs I used to own a mixed one but we own a Labrador Retreiver and French Bulldog nowadays. I like all dogs! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Really gorgeous! I know your friend was overjoyed to receive it.

Brenda

1 Like

Thank you very much Brenda! :kissing_heart: