Hi @Jeanine
Yes your pear came thru and looks really good
Terri Robichon
Hi @Jeanine
Yes your pear came thru and looks really good
Terri Robichon
Good to know it went through thanks for letting me know, and thanks for the feedback.
Take care
Jeanine
Hi everyone. I painted ahead of the lessons so that I could bring this to my local county fair tomorrow morning as my landscape - acrylic painting. And for those who follow my progress for the fair, this was the first time that I’ve completed all 80 entries - which is my goal. 24 for professional photography - 14 for scrapbooking - 42 for fine arts. I won’t know results until the end of the week, and then I’ll let you all know how I did.
Terri Robichon
Congrats on doing all the entries Terri! That must be a lot of work.
Hello Terri,
I am so glad that you reached your goal. I hoe that when you get all of your first place metals and the best for the whole overall fair.
II was just thinking that the fair was going to start,
Congratulations ahead of time,
Teri(Artsy)
Yeah, dear, you did a great start so far. Thank you for showing the similar landscape you did some time ago. I am curious to see, how you might alter this course’s landscape. Thanks for posting!
Since I have a little puppie, I haven’t done any art work; even nicht sketching. Just a lack of spare time, but that’s just a matter of days or so.
Lol, I can see a cute mouse with loooong legs in your sky. Thank you!
Thank you, Terri, I just wanted to aks you about the ink drawing. I thought, yeah, that’s smart and might be less smudging than with graphite. Lesson learned - I am always happy to see your art work.
Buddy,
I don’t see your landscape here. I will check back again.
Artsy
Lol, me neither- lol - I haven’t even started yet with little Milka running around. Yeah, but no peeing in the house since yesterday.
Hi friends. Believe it or not, this little 5x7 acrylic landscape painting was given the Award of Merit for the best Fine Arts entry at this year’s local county fair. I was actually sad to learn that because I felt others were much more deserving ( like the zebra - rubber 80 ink pen drawing of a cathedral in France that I completed in January.)
Terri Robichon
Terri,
All your artwork is exceptional and am sure that they had a difficult time deciding. I can see them putting them all in a jar (not the artwork) and picking one because they could not decide.
We all know the effort you put into every piece you created, the time and accuracy to create all of them as they all reflect your talent.
Teri(Artsy)
Dear Terri @robichon , I think the painting that got that price is beautiful and has very nice, vibrant colors. I believe too that it was very hard for judges to choose only one painting as many of your paintings (or better say all of them) are amazing.
You are of course looking at your painting differently, you know which painting took you time, or was more challenging or maybe took more attempts to finish… but people looking at the paintings don’t see this part of process, don’t go thru your feelings when you create a piece and so their opinion sometimes can be very different than yours. Sometimes you may not even like your painting much and others would admire it with an open mouth :).
I think it’s amazing what you achieved, you can be proud. You are allowed to have your own favorite paintings from your collection of course, and give them your own price in your heart
![]()
Once again, congrats.
Lucy
Terri, so well done! Were you able to do the fence lines with a brush? Such clear fine lines.
Hi @Zman welcome to the conversations at the forum. I believe I used a sepia colored Micron ink pen for the fence. Everything else was done with a brush.
Your landscape painting is looking really good so far
Terri Robichon
Thought I would share my trials and tribulations on our landscape in progress. I think I have made the “goose hut” too big and too far into the foreground. Ugh! Don’t know if I should make it smaller by painting over it or accept it as a feature. Also, the highlights around the barn doors and window were so hard with a brush. I think the pasture green is too overbearing and needs to be toned down. Also, I don’t know the strategy for getting some of the bluer green texture into the fields. Happy for any thoughts or suggestions.
Hi James @Zman -
Yes, the goose hut is too big in comparison to the size of the barn. But what you painted there is nice. Nobody will know about this error (because the size just makes it look closer to the viewer) but us at TVI because people just see the finished painting and not the reference. I’d leave it as it is. And don’t worry at all about the barn because the big tree is going to go in front of it and you will be painting over a lot of that barn - so problem solved. So far so good. Hang in there you are learning and it looks great so far.
Oh, I forgot, if you want the field to be toned down and a blue-green. Just mix up the color you want and thin it down with the medium. Then you have a transparent color that you can paint over the existing. If that doesn’t do it, let it dry and paint another layer of glaze on it. It’s a great technique to use with acrylics.
Terri Robichon
I am trying to catch up. Just need to do what Matt did on Monday. My trees are a bit wonky but going to worry about that later!
Zman,
That Looks amazing! So detailed