African Violets

I am trading this picture for a real plant. She says that she kills the plants. I hope she doesn’t kill this one. LOL!

5x7 pastels on Canson MiTientes.

4 Likes

I am sure your friend will be thrilled with this picture. I had several violets that all bloomed at the same time for my husband while I was in the hospital. I watered them when I got home and they all died. That was one thing I probably did incorrectly. I love them and usually have good luck with them. I am planning on reordering some and try it again. Not sure where I will put them. We took the shelves down in MBR and the SIP has too hot of a light source (faces west) and has no shadow.

We had to cut down the Japanese Magnoliaat the corner because the roots were getting too near to the septic tank. UGH, I think I cried for 2 days. It was over the roof of our house - 20 years of growth. with a little trimming. Our SIP gets too hot at the moment and it faces west. It does have AC/Heat in there and the price of lumber and other materials are sky-high so that we could put insulation in there. I think that might help the situation.

Lenora

1 Like

I love the pastel on Mi-Teintes. It gives the drawing an impressionist quality.

Another great drawing/painting from you.

Patricia.

2 Likes

This is great. Love it.

1 Like

You must only water violets from the bottom in the pan below their pot! That way they only take in the water they need! Keep it warm but no direct light and only water once a week! Good luck!!