Plant close-up with pastels for the first time

I wonder if anyone knows the name of this plant. I found it in Madagascar, but I suspect if it is not species endemic to Madagascar :thinking:

This work has been picked up for this week’s critique :wink:
MEMBER’S MINUTE 10/16/19

For the detailed production process, please check my blog post.

6 Likes

I have no clue what type of plant this is, but for your first time with pastels, it’s really good. What kind of paper did you use?

1 Like

For your first time with pastels, this is wonderful.

1 Like

Thank you Denise! :sparkling_heart:

Hi Lori, thank you for your kind words. I always use a Japanese brand paper for my pastel work and I don’t think you can imagine what kind of paper it is by knowing the brand name of the papers. It is not such a thick, heavily toothed paper specially produced for pastels. These special papers are so expensive that I cannot use often while I know there is too much risk of failure. So I use a sort of multipurpose paper which is pretty reasonable :+1:

It looks almost like a rubber plant. Whatever it is, you did a wonderful job. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Ginny! :smile:

I have no clue what it is, but it looks beautiful! The colors are gorgeous. :relaxed:

1 Like

Looks like nobody can identify what this plant is…there are many similar types of plants, but not exactly this one. Anyways, thank you so much for your comment, Mikka :cat: