Apple blossom in water colour

I thought I would get out my old watercolour tubes and have a go at some Apple blossom. Watercolour is not the medium of choice for me, I prefer pastel pencils as you have more control. I’ve not used water colour without instruction for over 14 years. I was quite pleased with my end result, any critiques good of bad welcome. Deb

8 Likes

This is beautiful! Love it.

1 Like

Hi Debra! For someone who does not typically opt for watercolor, I think you did a fantastic job! I assume you worked this wet on dry for the leaves and branches with, perhaps, a little bit of wet on wet for the petals? Just curious. I love this.

1 Like

I painted mainly wet to dry onto the flowers first to start off the lightest colours and when dry went back in to darken, and also lift out some of the highlights. The leaves were well, a bit hit and miss. Could have done them better. Thankyou Deb

1 Like

Great work…keep sharing

1 Like

I would hang this in any special room with theme that was showing spring, I would hang in produce store. I enjoy this greatly

1 Like

Thank you your comment is much appreciated. Deb

Very pretty, and so believable!

1 Like

Thank you for your lovely comment. Deb

This is very, very nice work!! You know how to use watercolors for florals, for sure!

1 Like

Thank you Isabel, watercolours are not my comfort zone but, I was quite pleased on how it turned out. Deb

I’m a newbie and never tried watercolor so I can’t really critique your art, but this looks fantastic.

Thankyou for your comment. Flowers and especially watercolour are not the norm for me. Deb