Orchid in watercolor journal

I was inspired by the watercolor pencil lesson in Matt’s Watercolor course. I took a picture of my currently blooming orchid and sketched it out in my watercolor journal. This is actually one of six blooms. I wanted to see if I could even come close to the beautiful drawing Matt did. While it’s an orchid and it’s done with watercolor pencils, I have a ways to go before comparing it to Matt’s. LOL!

I do love it though. :heart:

5 Likes

@Brenda …Your very own home blooming beautiful orchid… plus you painted it beautifully as well. It’s like she’s saying “hi”… You know, I’d forgotten about watercolor pencils. Thank you for sharing.

Sonia

1 Like

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thank you Sonia! I love orchids.

Brenda

1 Like

Hello @Brenda, you did this amazingly well. You really achieved a real delicate softness in this flower, especially for watercolor pencil.

Lenet

1 Like

Thanks Lenet! My watercolor journal is proving to be a very important tool in my toolbox. I want to do a more detailed orchid piece with multiple blooms and stems. This piece helped me realize I can probably do that. With multiple blooms, there would be multiple perspectives which would bring more life to the resulting piece of art.

Thank you for always being willing to support the other artists on this forum.

Brenda

2 Likes

This is great. Love it!

1 Like

I think you’ve done a lovely job @Brenda, I love the detail you’ve got

1 Like

Thank you, @cmhales7 I enjoyed doing this, and I especially enjoyed using my watercolor pencils.

Brenda

Brenda,

You sure did capture that orchid! And thanks for inspiring me to do a watercolor journal - although I do not have as many entries as you!!!

1 Like

Thanks, June! I appreciate you so much!

Brenda

Beautiful job, I have a bunch of thoes blooming on my back porch right now.

1 Like

Thank you, @rleeelliott ! I love orchids. They are a work of art all on their own! And welcome !!! Good to have you here.

Brenda