Cat's face in graphite & colored pencil

The drawing is a 8"x10" and I think I put in close to 70 hours of work into this drawing, whew! I’m glad to finally feel that it’s done. I used graphite, black and white charcoal and colored pencils. Hope you enjoy it. I always appreciate it when I receive feedback as to the areas where you see that I can make improvements. I’m continually learning and want to keep improving.

7 Likes

This is absolutely amazing!

This is an excellent drawing. Lots of hard work to get the realistic fur. :v:

Sorry, no criticism as I love it! Your work has paid off…

Your very kind response made me feel so good!

Thank you so much! Yes, it sure was a lot of work, but I guess I can’t complain about the time it took, because I really enjoy detail work. I would probably find it hard to do abstract work, I’d be beside myself without the detail.

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Wow, this is stunning, i love those eyes and your use of colour

I agree with the other comments. Your detail work is brilliant. I especially like the direction of the fur.

This is wonderful. I think you nailed the fur detail perfectly. I am certainly not able to execute such a beautiful cat portrait (yet). The only constructive criticism or suggestion I would offer is in the right eye of the cat. The dark area seems a little large - but it might be because of where the cat is looking (perhaps to its right?). I would push that dark corner to a stronger value (a little darker) as it seems to be slightly paler than the circle around the left eye. Of course, that might be due to the photograph.

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful portrait.

Patricia.

A stunning piece. Very well done.

Thank you for your critique of the right eye. When I checked the original drawing, I made a slight value adjustment to it, but my light in the room when taking photo may have played a small part too. I always appreciate hearing how others see the drawing as I become so focused (like tunnel vision) that it’s hard for me to step back and critique my own work with a subjective eye. Thanks Patricia. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you for your kind assessment of my drawing, very encouraging!

Thank you for your very kind assessment of my drawing, it’s so encouraging.

Love it! Pretty cat with those blue eyes and the pink nose
Lenora “ArtistLittleNora”

Thank you very much lilnora!

Great job! What a cute kitty cat! Such nice work on the eyes too.
Jack