Coaster design #2

I’ve read a kindness quote like this somewhere:
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. "
It is convincing, but honestly, there are too many occasions I would like to say this instead:
“Be kind to yourself for you have been fighting a battle anyone but you know nothing about.”
So I used it with one of my previous drawing “at dusk” to design the second coaster.

I wonder if I should use “battles” instead of “a battle”???

3 Likes

I think “Battles” is even more accurate :blush:

1 Like

Thank you Sonia, it helps a lot! I’ll correct the design before submission! :+1: :tada: :smiley:

1 Like

Maki,
The coaster is so beautiful and inspiring :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! Now it is getting difficult for me to decide which 2 out of 5 designs to print. I can submit 5 designs for the digital catalogue that the organiser is planning to compile, but only 2 of them are to be used for the actual products and the show. The third design, which I’m about to newly draw, is going to be something really nice… :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Maki -

Love this new coaster design a LOT, but that’s no surprise since you created it. I’ll keep watching for the next one.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hello Terri, thank you so much for your kind words! This job is getting more and more interesting. I just remembered Colonel Slade’s line from “The Scent of a Woman.”
Trask"Are you finished, Mr.Slade?"
Slade"No, I’m just gettin’ warmed up"
Somewhere around 1:13 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cat:

1 Like

So I did listen . . . and am so glad you’re just gettin warmed up. (you make me smile)

Terri Robichon

1 Like

:upside_down_face: :+1: :cat: tee hee hee!

1 Like

Hi Maki, I like the quote but I find it difficult to read. Perhaps it’s just me, but it seems it could say: fighting a battle (or fightling battles) that no one but you knows anything about. I know it makes it longer, but seems to flow for me. ( "anyone knows " because the word ‘anyone’ is singular in nature and takes a singular verb in the simple present tense) What do you think? Unless I misunderstood your meaning?
Patricia.

1 Like

Hello Patricia, thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, Teri actually pointed out the same thing via DM and I’ve edited this one like this:

Now is it much easier to understand? :thinking: :+1: :cat: :smiley:

1 Like

Maki: your work is an inspiration! Since I have looked at your wonderfully detailed drawings, I have put a lot more work into my pen and inks and they are more satisfying. There is probably not enough time in the universe for me to reach your level of expertise but I see where they can go. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello Jane, thank you so much for your kind words, Time management is critical indeed, wherever you are and whatever you’re engaged in. I was intensively working on a new film making toward the end of last year and I expected that I could complete at least one of four films on my to-do list within the first quarter of this year. But then, the show plans sort of interrupted and now looks like I may be able to complete one shortest film by the end of 2023. So I am awfully behind my schedule, which I feel very sad. But I have to admit that I learned a lot on the way for the shows preparation and I think what I must do is to make the best use of what I learned while I was late :laughing: :tada: :cat:

Oh yes! This sounds perfect to me. (I totally agree with it too)
Patricia

1 Like

Just a note in case you didn’t catch it, “anything” is spelled wrong in the image you posted.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Anytime you think you can actually manage time, it always jumps up and disabuses us of the notion. I admire your energy. Can;t wait to see the films.

Jane

1 Like