Coaster design #4

“watch me grow” WIP#1.
Very likely that I will change one of these tabby kittens to a black cat :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Love this! (For me, the black kitty would be lower left - what do you think?)
Patricia

1 Like

This is great. Love it.

1 Like

Maki,

Off to a great start. I do believe that the black cat would be a nice addition. He would be cute peeking around the back of the stump, but then you’d need two more kitties!

If you get a chance can you take a look at the harbor night scene with ink that I posted. Honest opinion please!! Thanks.

Will watch for the finished coaster.

Teri

1 Like

Thank you Patricia. I’m still wondering which one to be turned into a superstar black cat. I will run a simulation with photoshop later. :smiley: :cat: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, Denise! :smiley: :cat: :+1:

Hi Teri, thank you so much for your kind words. I’ll check the work you mention later today. Thank you for letting me know! :cat: :smiley: :+1:

WIP #2 & #3 :slightly_smiling_face: :cat: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Done :slightly_smiling_face: :cat: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I really wanted to change one of these tabbies into my favourite black kitty, but I think “three tabbies” are probably better than “one black cat and two tabbies”.
If there is one black cat, the other two should be a tabby and a tuxedo, or a white, or a Siamese, or a ragdoll, or…anyways, something other than a tabby.
Unfortunately this is not possible, so I’ve decided to go with three tabby kittens as originally designed.

This is the coaster version:

1 Like

It is perfect and balanced and beautiful as always. :relieved:

1 Like

Maki,

This is wonderful! I think you made the right choice. As always, I am so inspired by your beautiful artwork and detail.
I am looking forward to the next one!!

Teri

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sonia! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada: :cat:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Teri! I’ve ordered coasters with my five different designs personally for I wanted to try making a stone coaster. This is different from the ones to be sold in NYC this September. But once I get the stone coasters, I’m going to sell them at my autumn show in my local town.
I will share the photos of the products here later. :cat: :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So enjoy watching your process, thank you for your generosity in sharing. I was toggling back and forth in your last 3 images. It is interesting how vulnerable the chick looks without any foliage around him. And the difference in the clarity of the piece when you put in the soft background, or no background. All different, all lovely and interesting.

1 Like

Hi Jane, thank you so much for your very kind words! :cat: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada:

I looked up Albrecht Durer images on line because your work remined me of his. I always said he died of acute myopia because of the detail in his images. Worse, they are etchings! Hope you have good glasses.

Jane

1 Like