Coaster design #3

Drawing a new one for the coaster design.
WIP #1 :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Maki - Love it, but that’s no surprise.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

As you know, I love your art as much as I love cats. Can’t wait to see the finished work.

Patricia.

1 Like

@robichon @sterlingsiam thank you for your kind words! :smiley: :tada: :cat:

WIP#2 black cats rule!!!

:arrow_down:

1 Like

Wow, what a difference the black cat makes. I thought the first drawing was perfect, but now find it incredible how much more I like version two.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hello Maki,

As always fabulously done. How do I find the first two coaster designs?

I find I can look at your work for hours if I had the time and find more intrigue and details, and you know how much I like details, as well as a story line that each person can develop out of their own experiences or imagination.

Teri

1 Like

Maki,

Are all three the same series? If so wonderful idea. The same but distinct at the same time.

Teri

1 Like

That’s what we call the BLACK CAT MAGIC!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::cat2:

@TLP Hello Teri, thank you so much for your very kind words!
You can find coaster #1 and #2 in the following topics:
coaster #1
coaster #2

Yes, I’m going to join a coaster design show in NYC this September and the show organiser is planning to compile a coaster design catalogue. The catalogue participants are supposed to submit 5 different designs and my plan is to focus on spreading gentleness by supplying coasters with sweetish designs.

Maki,

All of them are as fabulous and adorable as the other.
Thanks for sharing the links with me.

On the one with the quote where Sara suggests that battles is more accurate, you would also need to change the β€˜a’ to an β€˜in’, so it would be β€œin battles” which as you know is plural. But if you want to keep it singular then it would be β€œin a battle”.

Again, as you know I am so inspired by all your work. I have made coasters in acrylic as well as magnets, but nothing like you have done with these.

Teri

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words, Teri! Will DM you later too :smiley: :tada: :cat:

I love the additions (grass and black cat) in the WIP #2. It feels so balanced now!
Patricia.

1 Like

WIP#3 fluffiness added gentleness boosted :slightly_smiling_face: :cat: :+1:

OK. I already like WP2 butthe added softness is fantastic!
Patricia.

1 Like

Gosh, just when I think you’re done, it gets even better. Love it!

Terri Robichon

1 Like

I’ve been listening to Kiffness’ cat songs for these couple of years and recently I found this new one:

This song is so contagious that I find myself humming it while thinking about my next cat drawings designs.
I don’t know how many cats he has, but this particular cat is so so so cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi Maki -

So glad you posted this. It is GREAT.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

I love this. Makes you smile… because cats always make us smile.
Thanks! Patricia.

1 Like

My new favourite Kifness cat song:

I cannot believe he can keep a serious face while singing such a funny cat song. But then the cat looks very serious too…

Anyways, it’s finally complete!

:arrow_down: small branches added, the scene tightened up.

:arrow_down: fine-tuned, complete!

And this is the coaster version:

I’ve been wondering which sounds better: β€œI’ll be there.” or β€œI’m on your side.”
Please let me know your preference!
Or even better words suggestions! :smiley: :cat: :+1:

Love this! As I do all your work. Looking forward to going to the gallery in September!

1 Like