Colored Ink Cards of Birds

@Sooz

Hello, I purchased the inks on Blick Art Material site. The brand is Dale-Rowney and I used two different types. Their FW Pearlescence’s and Their FW Acrylic water-resistant inks.

They have some new ones that are System 3

I hope that this helps you. There are plenty of other brands too.

Thank you for the compliment on the paintings.

Teri

1 Like

Thanks Teri, I was fascinated to see how opaque the inks were on the dark background. Thanks for the intro into this different media.

I am sure that your friends and sponsors will love these Beautiful card’s Great Job they’re drawn with Heart :butterfly::butterfly:Your’s :wave:

Thank you @Mert23

I just finished packing them up, 28 in total. Hope to have my caregiver mail them in the next couple days. I am looking forward to their response!!

Thank you for your encouraging words.!

Teri

Hi again, Teri. I have been trying a framing simulator provided by a Japanese frame & mat company for my new works, and came up with the idea of trying framing your lovely bird art too. Here are some results I’ve got…

First I tried this piece for a variety of frames & mats:

The 6th looked very nice so I used this combination for your other works:

Then I tried a different mat colour for this one:

Hopefully you like my choices :wink:
I personally find them gorgeous! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: :tada:

Wow Maki,

They are all amazing! Thank you to go through all of this effort for my artwork. That means so much to me.

Is this similar to what you will be doing with your trees show?

I agree, they all look gorgeous!

Again, thank you,

Teri

| Maki
March 27 |

• | - |

Hi again, Teri. I have been trying a framing simulator provided by a Japanese frame & mat company for my new works, and came up with the idea of trying framing your lovely bird art too. Here are some results I’ve got…

First I tried this piece for a variety of frames & mats:

product_img (1)

product_img (2)

product_img (3)

product_img (4)

product_img (5)

product_img (6)

product_img

The 6th looked very nice so I used this combination for your other works:

product_img (7)

product_img (8)

product_img (9)

Then I tried a different mat colour for this one:

product_img (10)

Hopefully you like my choices :wink:
I personally find them gorgeous! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1::tada:

Hello Teri, glad you like them!

Yes, some are similar, and some are “going to be” similar, I mean, some framing choices here are for my future works which I’ve just finished designing. As to the already similar ones, you can tell from these images…

Hello Maki,

These are fantastic! Really bring your already stunning drawings to life. How does the software you are using work? Do you pick what you want out and then order the matt and frames?

I am intrigued.

Teri

Thank you for your kind words, Teri :upside_down_face:

I expected that question…hopefully these are helpful for you to try the simulator for yourself, then you can check how your other works will look with a variety of frames and mats.

First you go to this site:

And then follow these instructions:

Thank you Maki,

I will look into it as I am intrigued but not so computer savvy.

Have a good day (I believe you are a few hours ahead of us here)

Teri

| Maki
March 28 |

• | - |

Thank you for your kind words, Teri :upside_down_face:

I expected that question…hopefully these are helpful for you to try the simulator for yourself, then you can check how your other works will look with a variety of frames and mats.

First you go to this site:

gakubuti.net

一般額・デッサン額(薄めの物を飾る額縁)の一覧 | 額縁のタカハシ

一般額・デッサン額(薄めの物を飾る額縁)の一覧です。額縁の販売、オーダー製作、額装依頼は経験豊富な当店にお任せください。

And then follow these instructions:

framing simulator1

framing simulator2

framing simulator3

framing simulator4

framing simulator5

framing simulator6

framing simulator7

framing simulator8

framing simulator9

Teri,
These are so well done. I learned to enjoy doing art work of birds after doing Matt’s bluejay in colored pencils. You’ve captured the subjects and I think it’s so important that you’ve sent them to others. I absolutely love getting a personal gift.

LindaE,

Thank you. They were fun to make. Especially since I knew that they had a significant purpose for me. I really enjoy giving things away or sending cards to others. Always have.

Again, thank you for your kind words, and I too enjoyed doing the BluJay with Matt in the three bird’s course.

Teri

Teri,

I just saw these and WOW! You are so very talented!

Ahh June…you make me blush!
Teri

1 Like

Beautiful art work Teri. Very nice detail in the lay and design of the feathers. Keep up the great art and thank you for the inspiration to work with another type of medium.

Thank you @wil1953 It was a long and fun project. I really enjoy working with ink. Hope you can try it.

Hi Teri
Do you have a favorite brand and type of ink that you use for your art on black paper

Marty

Hello Marty,

I use Dale-Rowney Acrylic Inks FW and some Pearlescence. Also, I have a few Liquitex transparent Inks but, I use mostly the Dale-Rowney Inks because of the shape of the bottle, the others are more likely to spill. I hope this helps.

I buy the inks at Blick’s Art Materials online. They have a large assortment. When I work with stippling, I will post a couple I just finishing I like Micron’s because they have really small tips for details and just discovered Faber-Castell Pitt ink pens which are really nice and also have some colors in the really fine tips plus brush, chisel, larger nibs and soft brush nibs.

I hope this helps you and will post the stippling birds in a couple days.

Teri

Thank you Teri for the information. I will look forward to your stippling art work. I have looked at Blick’s before but with the exchange rate, customs and shipping to Canada it makes things really expensive. I will have to check out a few online stores in Canada to see what brands they carry. I would never have thought that coloured ink would show up so vividly on black paper. Thanks again.
Marty

@wil1953

Marty, I am posting the artwork with colored inks as Stippling in colored ink. But these are not on Black.

There is a member here on the VI who also lives in Canada and is a wealth of resources - Patricia is her name. She may know where to find colored inks in Canada.

Teri