First line drawing

Thought I would try to line draw a photo I took in Spain on holiday when we were out… Not great as there’s no definition between areas, No tone or value and watercolour would enhance it 100%

7 Likes

Hey @Dannomiss89! I love the drawing, its very pretty. One thing i did notice, however, is that the right side of your building is coming out a little too much. Like its leaning. It looks cool and abstract but i dont think it was what you were going for.:sweat_smile:
Hope this helps a little. Keep up tje good work!

1 Like

I think it worked out really well. Good job.

1 Like

I like it! You’ve completed your first line art! :smile: You could use a protractor to get the angle should you wish to perfect the wall, but I think it could be a characteristic part of the piece the way it is. I also like how you left the wires out of the inked drawing, looks 1000x better that way! Keep it up! :+1:

1 Like

Well done on having a go. Not an easy subject to do and you’ve done pretty well to get the perspective in there. I like the addition of the hills to the right and that you left out the wires.

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah I got the perspective wrong on the building but it was then too late :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you so much. When my watercolours come hoping to add a splash of colour

Thank you. Yeah yeah the wires were distracting and there are actually mountains behind the building in the other direction so thought that would look good

1 Like

Tried another line drawing. So much to learn

5 Likes

Aww! Its so pretty!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:i love it.

1 Like

I love that. It is very nice. I really like the little bits of shading that you included.

1 Like

Added a little light grey to the other one as well

3 Likes

Another line drawing, yay! Definitely love the street lamp! And the gray aids in conveying the sense of depth in both. Awesome work :+1: :clap: :grin:

1 Like

Hopefully I’m getting there slowly :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice work. Good sense of depth in this one. Well done.

Wow. Its amazing how much depth and detail that simple addition caused. Great work!

I love the movement in your line drawings. Beautiful way to document your travels.

Cool. Have you seen @housesketcher on Instagram? He does ink and marker drawings. I agree, watercolor (or markers) would enhance the drawing. Keep it up!

1 Like

Just started a course by house sketcher :slight_smile: This is day one of being looser… from a photo I took in Malaga, spain

4 Likes

Now you’re cookin’ :grinning:

1 Like