Minature Acrylic Paintings

Hello,
When I have been working on an acrylic painting I will use any left over paint to create minature paintings on 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" Ampersand Gessobord. After I have finished painting and varnishing them I then attach magnetic sheet to the back to make magnets. They are really fun to make and are great gifts.

Teri

IMG_0288
IMG_0289

9 Likes

They are all wonderfully done. I love them

1 Like

Thank you Denise. They are so fun to make.

I especially love your winter landscape all of the pictures are very nice.

That’s a great idea. I do something similar when I finish oil paintings. I roll the paper pallet over and smush the paints together and then look at them when they are dry and find something in them, like laying on one’s back and finding something in them. The last time I saw 2 fancy women smoking and this is what I found in them. I thought about framing it. But never did it. I will need to try to find them, but can’t at the moment because I am bandaged up due to falling and breaking my knee cap. UGH!!! Can’t get up on my own. Right at the moment cannot get to my other art supplies wither,

LenorA

Oh! I am so sorry about your fall. I do understand difficulty in getting to things as I am in a wheelchair due to Neurological Lyme Disease. I would enjoy seeing your pallet projects.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Teri

I am so glad you like the winter painting. Welcome to the forum.

What a wonderful creative way to use up left over acrylic paint. I love the idea of mini magnets too. Clever!

PJ,

They are really fun to do to! Sometimes the colors I have left are a challenge to create something presentable, but I enjoy the challenge. They make wonderful gifts.

Teri