My second coloured pencil drawing

Last year I bought myself a box of coloured pencils (polychromes) and started drawing a portrait of my cat. This bird is my second drawing, I used a pixabay picture for this one. At the moment I’m very busy with my new puppy but in the future I hope to follow some lessons but not really sure where to start, there are so many nice lessons. One day I hope to be able to draw my black labrador but I find it very hard to draw a black dog. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

That is beautiful. I like your style.

1 Like

Thank you Ginny. My first drawing was a bit pale so I tried to make this one more colourful but I still have to learn al lot. :wink:

@MoiLolita, it’s BEAUTIFUL! :star_struck: The colors are vivid, and this is only your second colored pencil drawing?! Wow, you’re REALLY good! Please share more artwork when you can! Jesus loves you!!!

1 Like

Thank you very much. :kissing_heart:

Great Job. Love it. Love the colors.

1 Like

Thank you very muxh Denise! :grinning:

So, when are you going to show us your next one? It’s been since April.

1 Like

I’ve been busy with Matt’s Pen&Inkt course. Which was very nice to do as well. But next month I’m picking up my coulour pencils again.

2 Likes

Awesome drawings with pen and ink! You are a master painter. I know nothing about colour pencils yet, but looks awesome as well

1 Like

Thank you very much Wingman. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love my colored pencils, but they are so exacting to use that I find I need to get out the alcohol inks and let the paint take over for bit.

1 Like

Looks good. The wing parts get me tangled every time, the three different main sections of shoulder, inner and flight wings. Your wings look pretty good. Looking at an anatomical drawing of them then seeing how they look folded really helped me get them closer but not perfect. The inner/middle section of wing is mostly hidden, the flight wings are what stack neatly parallel down lower on back, and the shoulder wings are the little feathers that are sort of round and not really having a direction at the top of the wing. They’re very different on different birds but once you can see those three sections it is a bit easier to lay them out in a drawing when you know what you’re looking at.

1 Like

Thank you and that’s a great explanation, the anatomy is always very important for a good drawing but often forgotten I think. :wink:

This is phenomenal! Beautiful colors and detail. I’m sorry that I am just now seeing it.

1 Like

Thank you very much Ken!