Pastel portrait I still need to touch up and frame

8 Likes

Thanks ! Now to figure out the navigation on the site …:+1:

I really love this. Great work.

1 Like

Thank you :two_hearts:
I love oils & pastels

Hello and welcome. This is a beautiful painting. Looking forward to seeing other pieces of your work.

Thank you!

I look forward to meeting new artists also,

Renee

Be Truthful , Gentle, and Fearless…

Renee Carter

1 Like

wow that is amazing !!! It’s beautiful :grin:
I’ve not gotten around to trying pastels but I will hopefully soon as I’m still on a couple of projects :slightly_smiling_face:

This is so beautiful. Your attention to detail and the colors in her hair are wonderful. Thanks for sharing this!

Did you by chance use any Pan-pastels? I would like to try pastels. I need something that is very elementary at first. Been thinking about the V.I’s Pastel Course. Thought I might start with the modules in Matt’s course - work my way thru them. Your work is beautiful!

Yes I do use the pans . Only beginning layers ! And background is great for pans pan pastels are wonderful lots of good information is starting to come out on pans. I use no No fictive at all with pans detail with Soft pastel pencils :pencil2:

Blending with my fingers or pipe insulation cut up . I use PastelMat paper it’s so awesome it takes many layers . But It’s pricey. I hope you give it a go . It’s good place to start with VI & Matt! He is probably the best I have seen in online instruction for tons of mediums.

Start small you can do it ! :wink:

Be Truthful , Gentle, and Fearless…

Renee Carter

1 Like