Recent Art Works

It has been a while since I have posted. I have been checking in here every once in a while. Busy, busy…

Anyway, here is my most recent portrait drawing:

I have been doing a lot of oil painting and I decided to get back to drawing. I usually use graphite and white charcoal. I started out with that, but I got frustrated with the usual fight between the graphite and the white charcoal, so I decided to try some black charcoal and white soft pastel. I just put it right over the graphite and it worked! I was very surprised. Of course, I had to go over all the graphite, because the charcoal and graphite looked very different. The graphite shine made the blacks look very much lighter compared to the charcoal. So, this is a mixed media piece. LOL! I used a photo from photographer Pierre Gonnord.

10 Likes

Pink Lady of Camelot

This is oils on 11x14 panel.

4 Likes

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God

Oils on 16x24 MDF panel. In the style of Stewart Davies.

3 Likes

Here is an old colored pencil drawing, probably from around 1995. I just wanted to show my “before Virtual Instructor” and “after Virtual Instructor” works. A few years ago, I decided to take my art seriously and signed up for Virtual Instructor and took off!

1 Like

You have improved SO much @Ginny ! They are all very stunning! I like your recent one, and I LOVE the title “The Heavens Declare the Glory of God”! Thank you for sharing! Jesus loves you!!!

2 Likes

This wonderful! I love this . Great job.

1 Like

Wow. So glad you shared your art journey with us. You give me hope seeing what you did “back in the day” Your colored pencil drawing looks a lot like what I did in when I was younger- and didn’t have to work for a living. Retired now

Here’s the first thing I painted when I decided to get back to my art

2 Likes

Looks like Jackie Kennedy! Really love the expression and love the coloring and values…Well Done!

1 Like

Yes, it is Jackie Kennedy. Thanks for recognizing her. LOL!

1 Like

This portrait is soooo smooth. The lighting across his face is delicately executed. I think it excellent work.

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate your comment.