Sighting Large Scale

Worked on a large scale contour line drawing exercise today. 16"x20" sketch of my hand holding a paint brush. Trying to sight and get proportions and draw with one hand while holding a paint brush in the other was quite the exercise. Forced myself to leave it at a contour line drawing level.

Lenet

3 Likes

Well you certainly gave yourself a challenge and worked large! Looks amazing and I like it as a contour drawing!

1 Like

Did a second sighting drawing sketch, contour line drawing of a shoe today also on 16"×20". This one was done by sighting with a proportional divider instead of just a pencil. Much easier technique and a lot more accurate.

Lenet

Thank you, @junenez . I am practicing some skills and drawing at a larger scale, and on an easel instead of a table. I am working on trying my hand at some actual oil painting. Will post soon, when complete. Trying to expand my horizons.

Lenet

Good job on both of those.

1 Like

Thank you, @rleeelliott .

@lenetg137

This is a great exercise!. It is smart to practice using an easel. I have used one for years and still my arm gets really shaky, if I had only thought at first, although with Neurological condition due to Lyme disease I make that my excuse!!

Very inspiring!

Teri

1 Like

Hi Lenet @lenetg137 It’s fun to see what you’ve been doing. Large scale on an easil would be a challenge for me too.

Going back to one of our previous conversations, how are you taking your photos that you’re posting these days? They have been looking pretty dark and I’m wondering if there is a way to lighten them. My cell phone has a slider bar that lets me lighten or darken an image. Or maybe you can lighten the photo when you view it on your phone. Just thought you’d like to know.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hello Terri @robichon , the last two drawings today were on Newsprint and no photo editing. The previous few were taken inside at night versus with some natural light. Sometimes I just get frustrated finding the right color balance in the photos. I found when I changed my phone settings on my camera before taking photo became sistuation specific. I’m glad you said something. I think I didn’t go back and fix my settings. I guess I defaulted to post-photo editing and it is off due to current in phone settings.

Lenet

1 Like

Thank you Teri @TLP , its almost like starting over again. But it is helping me loosen up a bit.

Lenet

I just know your art will look better if you can figure out the settings. Sometimes it’s so frustrating when technology isn’t your friend. Why can’t it be easier, right?

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Very well done. Love it.

1 Like

Thank you, @Denise .