Sophie the Springer Spaniel

topic body

This is a pastel drawing of Sophie an English Springer spaniel belonging to a friend. It’s drawn onto light grey pastel mat and a selection of pastel pencils.
Deb

9 Likes

Very realistic looking. Everything about it! Wow! Beautiful dog!:100:

1 Like

Thank you for your lovely comment. Deb

Amazing, the nose is really wet, very realistically, love it:-)

2 Likes

I love this! How did you bring out the white highlights in the black hair in her ears?

Hi Chris,
I think I used Stabilo Carb-o-thello pastel pencil nos. 110 and 720 which are both light greys. The 110 is the lighter of the two, which is almost a white.

1 Like

Hello Deb. What a beauty! I agree with some of the comments here. The nose is perfectly moist, the eyes are lovely and the hair is very well done. (I struggle with hair - but perhaps I simply need to slow down to get the right result). Great job. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I am truly impressed, Deb. Beautiful detail throughout. Excellent color choices. The expression in the eyes is really great, really brings out some of the character.

2 Likes

:astonished: That is so beautiful! I love it. What wonderful work!

2 Likes

Wow wow, this is absolutely brilliant,it’s fantastic and very realistic, I hope I can get at this level, I have a set of pastel pencils but I’ve not used them yet.
It’s a beautiful drawing, I love all animals esp cats but I love Springer spaniels
Thanks so much for sharing this fantastic dog portrait :grin::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Thank you for your lovely comment for my Sophie pastel, it’s very much appreciated. Deb​:+1::+1:

Fantastic job looks amazing well done

Thank you for your lovely comment. Deb

Oh! Wow! How adorable! What marvelous work! Well done! Bet your friend is really pleased!

Thank you, yes they are. Deb

This is really a great job.

Thank you Lori51. Deb

It can be very difficult painting a black dog, but I think (IMHO) you did a great job. I presume you used some blues and grays to illustrate the separate hairs on his ears. I really like this picture; your friend must be very please. Jody

1 Like

Thank you Jody. Yes, I have used blues and blue greys for the highlights on her ears.
Deb