Struggles with landscapes

What do you mean going backwards? :upside_down_face: Awesome that you accepted the no-blend challenge, and a lot of the things in this piece are solid, hard things(window, building, brick arch, etc) so this is a fitting photo for that! :clap: :smile:

1 Like

that is beautiful :slight_smile: such a great painting. I love it and would hang that on my wall

1 Like

Yes, well, I have wanted to overcome my addiction to blending for many years. I am either on or off. LOL! Well, we will see how it goes.

1 Like

Thanks, Dan! I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I struggle with landscapes too! I’m really enjoying seeing your progress in the landscapes course. I’ll have to take that one too (so many to take).

3 Likes

Please do and make your own progress post. I would love to see it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally I think they are well done. Especially if you’ve struggled before. They’re beautiful! I like the first one a lot too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, I tried a different landscape. I am finished with the landscape course, but I did not do as well as I wanted. Here is my latest landscape attempt. I am really trying to loosen up. Soft pastels on sanded paper over an alcohol wash.

4 Likes

Beautiful :star_struck: The trees and bushes have flow, must be a result of loosening up! It adds a different style and movement to the piece, very nice, I hope we see more art from you!

1 Like

Looking good! I have been wanting to try that course. You made excellent progross

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, I will keep them coming. I hope… LOL!

1 Like

Thanks! Please do it and share with us your progress. :slight_smile:

Okay, here is another tropical scene. I just love how they are turning out.

2 Likes

This one is nice! What kind of canvas did you use, the texture coming through on the sky is brilliant! Love the appearance of a palm tree again!

1 Like

Another one. I don’t like this one as well. I got loosened up and then with this one I started tightening up again and making mud. LOL!

2 Likes

It is pastels on sanded paper. I used a purple alcohol wash to underpaint the paper before I applied the dry pastels. So, that is what you are seeing. I thought it was pretty nifty, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Artists using traditional media can really do some awesome stuff! :scream:

1 Like