Sunrise in Water Soluble Oils

Hello artist friends…. Tried one of Matt’s tutorials using Winsor & Newton water soluble oil paints. Reference was a photo he took of a sunrise near his home. I learned a lot and especially loved the glazing at the end. What do y’all think? My second oil painting and I’m definitely loving these paints. But I’m finding oil painting particularly challenging.

5 Likes

That’s really really beautiful :scream: The glow of the sun and the reflection are both so pretty!

Oh, my! That is really lovely. What a beautiful picture.

Well done. Love how you did this. Beautiful.

Lenora André

It looks far better than I’m guessing any painting I did would look! I can’t fit in painting as I’m out of room with “paper based” art supplies already. I’m just starting and not brave enough to spend more than a couple dollars on any given art attempt and a “real painting” would be far out of comfort zone.

Have you worked a lot with other mediums or have you been doing mostly paintings as a preference?

Hello. I just followed Mat. Thanks!

Thank you. I’m currently working with pastel, acrylic, watercolor, oil, colored pencil, charcoal, and pen and ink. I’ve not yet tried oil pastels. I’m really enjoying colored pencils.

Thank you. Thats very kind of you to say.

1 Like

Thank you Ginny! I found it quite challenging.