Watercolor and ink nest

Watercolor and ink suits my OCD personality. And I like being able to leave it half finished if I want.

5 Likes

Love this and I would not know that it isnā€™t finished. It looks great! Do you ever go back, pick it up, and finish it/them? My theory is, if I am satisfied with it, I sign my name and never put any more look in it again. My favorite medium is oils but, I do try other mediums and I mix it up. I give most of my work to family members. Iā€™ve got 3 things I am thinking about doing for them. One is my oldest granddaughterā€™s chocolate lab in pink flowers (Knox likes the color pink). She wants it ā€˜bigā€™ to hang over her bed at college (for a headboard). The middle granddaughter wants anything ā€˜blueā€™. Iā€™m thinking I need to do something for my 3rd granddaughter; but, when I ask she says, ā€œI donā€™t know.ā€ Must be her age. My 4th granddaughter wanted sunflowers in pink (they do grow that way, but I am only used to the yellow ones). I thought that they looked too much like zinneas so I went back and put in some yellow ones. I will figure out something to do for the 3rd granddaughter. Need to ask DnL what she might like. One for my son of him holding a turkey by the legs. Iā€™m thinking of doing that with a palette knife. The one I want to start is a ā€˜flying peacockā€™. Very large and very detailed. It might be something I work on for weeks at a time or just a couple of days at a time. But, as I said, if I sign my name to it, I never go back and work on it because I find when I do, I only mess something else on it trying to correct it.
Lenora
ArtistLittleNora