Your pen and line work (let's share)

These are amazing :heart::smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much Dan! :grinning:

Love these! Great work.

Just started doing line work the past year or so. Usually do the coloring with alcohol markers.
This one was just finished yesterday

1 Like

1 Like

These are great! I hope I can become this good with a lot of practice! I have made my first attempts at line drawing just in the last few days. I’m enjoying it so far and will share what little I’ve done on here. Thanks for the inspiration!

After watching a few of Matt’s lessons, I decided to give “ink” a go (I like to work digitally). This was my first sketch below from a day or two ago. I abandoned it at this stage because I didn’t intend for it to be a full drawing when I started it. However, I enjoyed the process and want to attempt to complete a full work soon.

This morning, I started on this second drawing below:

I’m struggling with the rendering of the rocks. Any advice is welcomed!

This image was my reference.

Ultimately, I’d like to learn to do an Ink and Watercolor look so I started to add color. I think I need to redo the mountains in the background and I need to add texture to the foreground, but not feeling very confident on how to do that :laughing:

2 Likes

I think the lighthouse landscape is looking really good, from the rocks to the mountains in the background! I’ll be awaiting your final version of this!

I have photos of Montauk Lighthouse on Long Island that I took last year. I’ve been considering trying to do an ink and wash of that. We’ll see. :slight_smile:
Brenda

Thank you Brenda! I love light houses. I lived by the water for several years so seaside landscapes will always hold a special place in my heart :relaxed:

1 Like

Lighthouses are amazing. We spent two months on Long Island last year and saw multiple lighthouses. I also have photos of a couple of lighthouses I photographed in Australia. I also might have a pic of the Tillamook lighthouse on the Oregon coast. I might give lighthouse drawings a real consideration. :star_struck:

1 Like

They look great! I love the style!

I agree, I think they would fit nicely in a children’s storybook!

Try looking at Fastnet lighthouse. It has some pretty basic rocks where you can do contours/hatching for cracks/crags around while the other half of the island is the old and new lighthouse for smooth surfaces. Most of the island is man made now if you look from an aerial view. It was in the “Subjects in Pen and Ink” lesson and I really enjoyed working that one.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion!