Your pen and line work (let's share)

They start ALL kinds of different ways :upside_down_face: Sometimes I start with a sketch from a physical sketchbook(which is what that one is), or sometimes the process is digital from start to finish. I admire the comic style very much, and I love creating character art! (so yes? or by “style” did you mean the sketchy pen approach? :sweat_smile: )

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’m glad for you.

1 Like

I don’t draw with pens. I don’t do line work. But, I enjoy looking at it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like them both, but the stylized bricks is my favorite. Lovely work.

2 Likes

Totally agree with @Ginny :100: Stylized bricks! :brick:

1 Like

Looks great @Dannomiss89 ! Maybe some shadows on the ground of that inner area? Here’s a quick 3d render I threw together if you want to reference it(if the light source is the same :sweat_smile: )

2 Likes

Maybe something like this

2 Likes

OH THATS EPIC :exploding_head: :scream: :star_struck: AWESOME!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations, you put lots of effort into it!:brick: :clap: :partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations! It is beautiful. :grinning:

1 Like

I love that! Congrats on your first paid commission!

Brenda

1 Like

Congratulations! They are fun little houses that remind me of Dr Seuss books.

1 Like

Great work! I love it. You are doing so well. You have really found your way and your improvement is phenomenal. Congrats on your first paid commission.

1 Like

Pretty! The detail in the center is awesome! Do you plan to do a series of flowers next? :hibiscus: :sunflower: :rose:

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ll do a series. I just fancy doing them now and again :smiley::heart: I love the simplicity of line in the flowers I’ve done so far

1 Like

Love that so much! The other end of the spectrum for you!

1 Like

Congratulations. Fantastic!

Really great work Danno! I’m taking the Pen&Ink course at the moment but haven’t made anything else in pen and line yet. I hope to do something more with pen and colour in the future, I like the combination.

5 Likes

I like the playful aspect of it while representing an actual home.

The last time I saw a roof like that was on the roof of my parents’ old house where the hill it was built on slid under and basement fell in, luckily after they sold it. It had that same droop in the center with the sagging arc from end to end. Not sure why that popped in my mind, I doubt these are broken basement homes.

How long do you spend on one? Do you work it out in pencil or computer before committing to the ink and color? My handwriting isn’t so good so I’d get it all done then flub the lettering at the bottom with the name.

I probably spend maybe 4-5 hours maybe, but haven’t timed it but I really should. But really depends as I have to sometimes need to try things out and experiment in separate paper to see how colours overlap or how I want to colour an area before committing on actual art piece.

The name I put in right at the start in pencil and then pen as I didn’t want to get to the end and meas it all up :rofl:

I draw the whole drawing out in pencil first and then just go over in pen. I even add extra pen marks at the end when the colour is in. I wanted to create a style for myself that people will pay for of a drawing of their house in a quirky but playful style. Seems to have worked :smiley:

1 Like