A sunrise in gouache not oils - from the live lesson

I really love the reference but didn’t want to get oil paints. I mostly followed the lesson but had to adapt it for gouache.

5 Likes

This is so beautiful! I can picture being there! Thanks for sharing this and for sharing your adaptations using gouache. I’m resistant to using gouache, but between you and a few others I’ve seen work with gouache, I may have to give it a try. I have some inexpensive gouache, so I wouldn’t have to buy anything. Hmmmmm. :slight_smile:

Brenda

Best thing about gouache is that it can be rewetted and manipulated.

Very nicely done. Rich looking colors.

1 Like

Well that’s a real selling point! :slight_smile:

Brenda

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! I love it.

1 Like

This is very nice Jane. As Brenda said, you can imagine being there. So tranquil. I admire your courage to change medium. I personally am quite afraid to do so but I guess it will all improve with growing knowledge. Well done and thank you for sharing.

1 Like

:scream: THE DETAIL!! OH it looks like a photo, but it’s also art! :exploding_head: :city_sunset: This is a very beautiful one, and I hope you display it!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. Maybe some day I’ll display it somewhere. I need to hide stuff away and rediscover months later to truly appreciate it.

1 Like