Another Canopy Cat Rescue piece requesting for title ideas

Hi Jack, thank you so much for your comment.
Well, from my very limited experience, it is not at all easy to sell anything solely online. The biggest sales I have made so far is at the exhibition this year which I introduced in this post. Visitors bought the prints, postcards, ballpoint pen drawing manuals, framed prints, and bookmarks. To my surprise, 34 out of 35 postcards, each one of which has a different design, have been sold. This is the photo of the postcards I have sold at the exhibition:

I have been listening to my online shop advisors’ Q&A series on YouTube and she’s been telling us that too many shop owners do not make good enough amount of efforts to build their audience and get attention enough to trigger a purchase compared to the efforts they make to create new products. I think what she’s saying is essentially the same as what Matt writes in this article:

So, if possible, as part of your efforts to build your audience, I would recommend that you hold your exhibitions in where you live and try putting something to sell there. As far as I remember, my first sales in the area of art was an event called the postcard collection held at a gallery in Kyoto. I wasn’t quite sure if anyone coming to the event would buy my items, but some people did. The price of my postcards at the event was 380 JPN/each, which was pretty expensive for a postcard, but some people actually considered the pricing to be fair for my works. It was very, very encouraging. :+1: :blush:

1 Like