Any suggestions for the title of this piece?

There is an NPO called Canopy Cat Rescue in the US who specializes in rescuing cats stuck in trees.
Recently I learned about them on facebook and was very impressed by the way they utilize their special knowledge and skills as Arborists to help cats in serious trouble.

One day I found this photo on their facebook page and had some bittersweet feelings.

Most cats who they help are happy being rescued, but some cats do not understand that the rescuers are good guys and try to escape from the helping hands.
When I read the caption of this post, I mumbled to myself,
“Well, trust doesn’t come easy…”
Then came up with the idea of this drawing.

The fact that trust does not come easy for cats is actually helpful for them in some cases.
I have heard that stray cats who once were inhouse cats trust people so easily that they are at a high risk of being abused on the streets.
While they lived as inhouse cats, they have become very friendly with people and don’t try to stay away from people they meet on the streets, no matter what horrible intention some people may have.

Lifetime stray cats, on the other hand, are so cautious about people and do not come close to them that the natural strays have much better chances of getting away from abusers.

Sadly, this applies not only to cats but also to us human beings.
Distrust often hurts a kind heart, but I also know that the distrust is something you need to protect yourself.
In an ideal world, there will only be kindness and trust.
But the reality is far from it.

This is something I had in mind behind the bittersweet feelings when I found the photo, which inspired me to draw this particular artwork.

So, I’m wondering what title would perfectly fit for this piece…my first idea was “trust does not come easy”, but I’m afraid this is too straightforward.
If any of you could share your good ideas, I would be most grateful! :wink:

7 Likes

Very well done . Love it.

Reaching for cat in tree for title?

1 Like

Rescued from the Canopy

1 Like

Your story is compelling and wonderfully illustrated by your drawing. The strong diagonals and perspective create a feeling of tension around the focal point, which is the hissy kitty. The most dynamic part of your composition is “the reach,” which leads our eye upward. Maybe you could combine your and Denise’s ideas for a title, such as Reaching for Trust.

4 Likes

Hi Denise, thank you so much for your comment and title suggestion :slight_smile: :cat:

Indeed! Thank you so much Virginia, for your response and title idea! :+1: :cat:

That’s true! Many thanks Daniel, for your lovely comment and interesting title suggestion :+1: :tumbler_glass: :cat:

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your feedback and title idea. I am so impressed by both of your critique of my artwork and title suggestion. Yes, I’ve been feeling that “trust” should be the keyword as the title for this piece. If no further ideas are suggested here, I am going to take your idea. Thanks again! :+1: :+1: :+1: :cat:

This piece has been picked up for critique #320.

1 Like

Misunderstood Together

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for your suggestion Allyoralley! :pancakes: :smiley: :cat:

Everything looks perfect. I specifically love the texture on the tree trunk. Looks realistic. Very nice work :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

WOW! Lovely picture. The texture is beautiful, I’ve your cat pictures. I like the perspective you have show in the leaves and hands,

1 Like

Thank you, Debojyoti, for your very kind words! :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thank you, Lenora, for your very lovely comment ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat: